Dumfries and Galloway Mental Health Association is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for all people, regardless of ability. We have made significant efforts to enhance the accessibility of our website and strive to adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
Standards and Guidelines
While we have not been certified for WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), we have undertaken thorough measures to align our website with many of the principles and guidelines outlined by WCAG. Our aim is to provide an inclusive and accessible online experience for all users.
Key Accessibility Features Include (but are not limited to)
1. ARIA Tags: We have implemented Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) tags to enhance the interactive elements of our website, ensuring compatibility with assistive technologies.
2. Colour Contrast and Legibility: Our website prioritises colour contrast and legibility to ensure that text and visual elements are clear and distinguishable for users with visual impairments.
3. Font Sizes: We have carefully selected font sizes and styles to enhance readability.
4. Structured HTML: The HTML structure of our website is designed with clarity and organisation in mind. We use semantic HTML and
<section> tags to create a well-structured and easily navigable experience.
We acknowledge that web accessibility is an ongoing process, and we are committed to continuously improving our website to meet the evolving needs of all users, including those with disabilities.
Feedback and Contact Information
If you encounter any accessibility barriers or have suggestions on how we can improve, please let us know. Your feedback is valuable as we strive to make our website as accessible as possible.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01387 268615
Date of Last Update
This accessibility statement was last updated on 01/12/2023. We will regularly review and update our practices to maintain our commitment to accessibility.
Thank you for visiting Dumfries and Galloway Mental Health Association. We appreciate your support as we work towards providing an accessible and inclusive online environment.